Our Name


oski-pimohtahtamwak otayisīniwiwaw (Nehiyawak)
oski pima ci-owat ici ki-kay-dam-o-win-ing (Nakawē)
wana oicimani tecawosdodyē uncumpi (Dakota)
they are into their new journey to knowledge (English)





Saturday, September 9, 2017

#oskijourney Week One Highlights

"My first week of school was alright. I liked it. I didn't skip a day, so that's good. Mrs. Koops' class wasn't what I expected. Now that I know how it will be, I'm curious to see how this school year will be :)" Raven Cook


"My first week was pretty great. Met some new people. Made them laugh and what I'm learning in my classes is pretty great as well, learning stuff I don't know. It's great seeing my bruthas that are in my class, too, but going 4 my goal." Michael Starr Desnomie


"My first week was okay. Had fun doing the hoola-hoop train." Leslie Maple



"I liked playing with my friends in the gym." Bailey Kahnapace



"I thought it was good, except that one day I was mad, but I got a good feeling I will do good in this class. It's fun." Lacey Missens



"My thoughts on my first day was that it was good and everyone was welcoming." Kaleya McNab



"This week was crammed packed with preparations for the Treaty 4 Gathering next week. We workshopped the Kairos Blanket Exercise, preparing to present twice a day, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week. We gave demonstrations and explanations throughout the school in preparation for the feast protocol and feast bag . We took over 300 pictures, documenting everything from our classroom set up to the blanket exercise to Leslie, Bailey and Lacey inventing the hoola-hoop train cooperative game (which incorporates meditative walking, balancing and being able to text at the same time. I think we will use as an ice-breaker in upcoming workshops.)We brainstormed ideas for climbing the hill at Treaty 4, and came up with an activity on Treaty Relationships. We prepared all the sign-up boards for the tipi stations at the gathering. We started each morning with a talking circle on the floor to begin in a humble way. I also received emails from schools already requesting us to bring them the Kairos Blanket Exercise later in September. I was especially encouraged by a meeting with Mrs. Jill Young-Lee, our principal and Sheri McKay, a youth worker from Regina. What a great week. And Calen Whiteman, Logan Goodwill, Ernest Goodwill, you all owe me an exit slip, topic: Week One Highlights." Sheena Koops



 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment